CORTISOL MANAGER ™ A Natural Stress-Reducing Herbal Blend; Promotes Relaxation and Improves Your Ability to Fall Asleep and Stay Asleep
Cortisol, often referred to as the “stress hormone”, is produced by the adrenal cortex in response to stress. Prolonged exposure to stress can lead to consistently elevated cortisol levels, which, over time, will negatively alter your hormonal balance. Stress negatively affects all systems in your body.
BENEFITS OF CORTISOL MANAGER ™
- combines stress-reducing ingredients and cortisol-lowering herbs to provide all-day stress reduction
- a natural and non-habit forming formula which promotes relaxation and increases your ability to fall asleep and stay asleep
- will not cause grogginess in the morning (some herbal sleep aids do!)
- is fast acting – studies showed reduced cortisol levels after only 24 hours
- long-term use supports healthy cortisol levels, which can help reduce stress, relieve sleeplessness and fatigue, and optimize immune system and neurological function
- safe for use every night
Each bottle of Cortisol Manager ™ contains 90 tablets, vegetarian
RECOMMENDED USE OF CORTISOL MANAGER ™
For adults, take 1 tablet before bedtime. Increase to 2 tablets before bedtime during times of high stress. Avoid consuming alcohol while using Cortisol Manager ™.
INGREDIENTS IN ONE TABLET OF CORTISOL MANAGER ™
- Sodium: 5 mg.
- Ashwagandha (herb): 250 mg.
- Magnolia bark extract: 225 mg
- Phosphatidylserine (extracted from soy lecithin): 50 mg.
OTHER INGREDIENTS: Dextrose, cellulose, modified cellulose gum, modified cellulose, magnesium stearate, stearic acid, titanium dioxide color, soy lecithin, carnauba wax.
NO sugar, yeast, wheat, gluten, corn, dairy, artificial flavoring, preservatives or ingredients of animal origin.
MORE INFO ON THE INGREDIENTS IN CORTISOL MANAGER ™
MAGNOLIA BARK – 225 mg.
Magnolia bark has been used in Chinese medicine for centuries (hou po). Magnolia bark contains two compounds that have demonstrated anti-anxiety properties. Magnolia bark may also have been shown to reduce allergic and asthmatic reactions. Magnolia bark also inhibits the growth of bacteria responsible for cavities and periodontal disease, and blocks the enzyme which forms bacterial plaque, so taking Cortisol Manager not only lowers your stress levels, it will help keep your teeth healthy!
PHOSPHATIDYLSERINE – 50 mg.
Phosphatidylserine (PS) is a phospholipid – a plant-based molecule (derived from soy lecithin) containing both amino and fatty acids. Vegetarians and people who consume low-fat diets are often deficient in PS. The FDA gave a “qualified health claim” status to phosphatidylserine, stating that “Consumption of phosphatidylserine may reduce the risk of dementia and cognitive dysfunction in the elderly”. First pilot studies indicate that PS supplementation might be beneficial for children with attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder. Soy-derived PS is Generally Recognized As Safe (GRAS).
Phosphatidylserine has been demonstrated to speed up recovery, prevent muscle soreness, improve well-being, and enhance performance for athletes involved in cycling, weight training and endurance running. PS has been reported to be an effective supplement for combating exercise-induced stress by blunting the exercise-induced increase in cortisol levels. PS supplementation promotes a desirable hormonal balance for athletes and might attenuate the physiological deterioration that accompanies over training and/or overstretching. In recent studies, PS has been shown to enhance mood in young people who were experiencing mental stress, and to improve accuracy during tee-off by increasing the stress resistance of golfers.
(Info on magnolia bark and PS gathered from www.en.wikipedia.org)
ASHWAGANDHA – 250 mg.
Ashwagandha is a shrub grown in India whose roots have been used for thousands of years by Ayurvedic practitioners. Ashwagandha is a true “adaptogen”. Adaptogens are non-toxic plants that normalize and regulate body functions and also act as revitalizers- energizing the body without draining its reserves the way stimulants do. Adaptogens work with a wide range of conditions, so ashwagandha has a long list of healing properties
- Helps minimize the negative effects of stress
- Useful for insomnia (sedative)
- Used for those suffering from overwork, lack of sleep or nervous exhaustion
- Strengthens immunity and helps build deep vitality (rejuvenative)
- Especially rejuvenative for the muscles
- Promotes hormonal balance; used for infertility
- Enhances memory and mental acuity
- Anti-tussive (alleviates coughs, asthma and bronchitis)
- Strengthens digestion
- Helps relieve fluid retention caused by low metabolism
“…. it is one of the best herbs for the mind upon which it is nurturing and clarifying. It is calming and promotes deep, dreamless sleep.” – Dr. Vasant Lad
“Effective Ayurvedic Medicinal Plants Used in Rasayan Therapy”
“Ashwagandha: Wonder Herb of India” by Dr. Michael Tierra
The Yoga of Herbs, An Ayurvedic Guide to Herbal Medicine by Dr. Vasant Lad and David Frawley
Dietary sources of Phosphatidylserine
PS can be found in meat, but is most abundant in the brain and in innards such as liver and kidney. Only small amounts of PS can be found in dairy products or in vegetables, with the exception of white beans.